Pritchard Francis Charles Darwin Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Program
Pritchard Francis are partnering with Charles Darwin to offer a promising Civil Engineering Undergraduate the opportunity to complete work experience in a consultancy environment. This initiative supports students in achieving their academic goals, whilst providing them with mentoring to launch their professional career and set them up for success.
What to Expect
- The successful student will develop and apply technical engineering skills and knowledge acquired throughout their Undergraduate Degree in a professional engineering consultancy environment.
- Be given an understanding of what the role of a civil and structural consulting engineer involves both in the office and on site.
- Learn about the company structure and operation of Pritchard Francis and gain exposure and experience in most facets of the consulting practice, while working alongside engineers, drafters, administration and site personnel.
- Pritchard Francis consistently have many projects at varying stages of completion, both in the office and on site. As part of the placement, the student will be given the opportunity to work in a productive manner on these projects, whilst also gaining practical engineering experience hours that are essential for graduation.
Work experience will take place at Pritchard Francis' Darwin office either during semester two, or full time over the summer vacation period. During the term it is expected that the work experience will be two consecutive days a week, however this is negotiable. During the summer vacation period it will be full time Monday to Friday, and commence at the end of Term 4 university semester.
Who should apply?
- Passionate people interested in Civil & Structural Consulting.
- People interested in collaboration between Engineering and Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Current drivers licence.
- Australian citizenship or permanent resident of Australia.
- Penultimate or final year of study in Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering), Master's of Engineering (Civil) or similar.
- Course Weighted Average minimum of 65.
What you need to apply
- Cover letter.
- 500 words statement, detailing:
- Your interest and passion for the field of civil and/or structural engineering.
- How the work experience would assist you in pursuing your career.
- Future career goals.
- Detailed CV including any previous vacation work details, Year 12 ATAR results (including subjects and exam marks, or equivalent), extra-curricular interests, achievements, awards, scholarships etc.
- Formal university academic transcript.
- Any references such as an academic, employer or personal.
The WIL Program offer may be withdrawn should the student defer from full time studies, transfer to another course/degree or University.
Applications for 2023/2024 are now OPEN
Charles Darwin WIL Program Coordinator: Emily Long, (08) 9382 5111, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 22 September 2023